1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Ummm,...tried to go to business school? (bleh!) travel by plane on my own! YAY MELBOURNE & PAX!
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Never really bothered with them :/ I just do stuff if I need to do stuff <--- same as last year!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
No countries. Again. Baawwww.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A job! Again! Also more motivation. I have all sorts of cool ideas that would probably go somewhere if I just got off my lazy bum and did them.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
10th April - boyfriend
27 october - hospital, Glandular fever :(
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not dying! 8D also PAX :)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting all those ideas go to waste.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Depression again, also that Glandular fever yuk yuk yuk!
11. What were the best things you bought?
MTG CARDS woot also PAX tickets to go see the protomen, yes yes.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
oh, IDK. My mum's, cause she's awesome? Mamath for putting up with me in melbourne? haha.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My brother has not been the easiest person to be around this year >.>
14. Where did most of your money go?
Car. Freaking car.
Medicine? Toys :P
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2013?
The Protomen "Will of One"
Of Men and Monsters "Little Talks"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Happier, just because it's over and because there's not so much to worry about now.
b) Thinner or fatter? About the same.
c) Richer or poorer? Richer...for now, until I pay for that course.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family. In eevee slippers 8D
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Game of Thrones, like the rest of the world I guess.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read in 2013?
UM. The Hunger Games was pretty fun.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get
Amazingly pretty 3DS! Animal crossing ,yay.
29. What did you want and not get?
Let's be materialistic - a new graphic tablet.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Pacific Rim, duh. Giant Robots + Giant Monsters = funtimes.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
uhhhh went out for lunch by the harbour? It was pretty nice.
Man, I'm 26. Where did my life go.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
This year has been a year of shitty things happening constantly. Less crappy things please. Less illness. Less random accidents.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Look you can actually see my legs! OMG.
34. What kept you sane?
POKEYMANS as always.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't fancy celebs./public figures because it makes me feel like a creeper.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. Gaaah, tony abbott!
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The boyfriend? Also Pansy if you count meeting in person for the first time.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Don't go to business school :O unless you like business, then go ahead.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
'Cause though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore
And secondly - ohmaigawd you guys! I actually made Christmas cards! It's something I threatened for a few years but just never got around to. But this year I DID IT. Yaaayy!
I ended up with two designs in the end, although one may have taken quite less time than the other >.> They also ended up more traditional than I'd planned, but I'm just glad to have any at all. Maybe I'll come up with something more personal next year; traditional Christmas cards don't always excite me that much. So, if you'd like one, comment here! And leave/PM me your address if I don't have it. Maybe tell me which design you'd prefer too, since I hope to get both designs printed up, but if I don't I'll obviously go for the most popular.
- Severe fever/illness week before aged care course due to start.
- Hospital! For me. C39.6 temp. (which is about 104 for you american folks) Apparently that's too high to give someone paracetamol. I checked myself out.
- My brother mucked up at work...set him back a bit. Won't go into that too much.
- Father might possibly get redundancy.
- Brother is moving back home. Hectic!
- Boyfriend is MIA...he means well, but...
- Father looses filling. Hahaha! So silly...actually has to have 3 teeth repaired, $700+
- Bird died :(
- Brother walked through glass door. While still closed. 12 stitches, not working. New door $500+ (same day as bird death)
- me still sick as a dog
- Father comes next day - redundant! Yay! No longer working. (but may get new job?)
- I have glandular fever! WOOHOO!
So to sum up, we have no money, my brother can't work, my dad has no work, I cannot attended the course to get accreditation to get work, and there is a dead budgie in the freezer.
And I've probably missed stuff.
I was going to do this days ago and had all this stuff planned out to write and then food poisoning and now I can't remember a darn thing. Damn you, KFC! But poketime has hit and it won't be much longer until X/Y, when we'll all probably disappear (and by "we" I mean "me") so I thought now's a good a time as any to blurt some life stuff out!
I have applied for over 60 jobs and had only 2 interviews! Yay me! My crippling lack of experience is, well...crippling. No-one will take someone my age with so little experience. So for quite some time I've been poor and miserable and feeling quite sorry for myself. You know, people never talk about how helpless or impotent you feel when you're unemployed. You have little to no ability to influence what's going on in your life because your so without resources. We had a toon of bills last month which freaked me out, and when I eventually calmed down about that my bird got sick - again, something I don't have money for. He probably has a tumor and needs surgery but I don't have a few grand to spare so painkiller's it is! He seems to be OK for now, at least.
So I guess I've been rather tied up with that. But I did manage to get this beauty:
Yaayyy! So pretty! Because that's what responsible people do when they have no money. Buy laptops! 8D Actually I keep justifying it by how darn cheap it was (around $350) for such a good machine (core i5, 4GB RAM). I love it, even if it is incredibly beaten up (it's second hand, hence the price). IT'S SO PRETTY. REALLY. I keep saying that I'm going to start writing articles and do a blog and try and make a little bit of money on the side that way (and also keep my writing skills in check) I'm just...too much of a coward T-T There are so many "what if's" with such a thing and also success can be as hard as failure, the internet being what it is. Perhaps soon...
ALSO. I'm so back into cards right now, because BF and I play a looooooot of magic. Yay cards! Which eventually lead me to discovering the way to make faaaaake caaarrrds! Yaaay!
Sylveon! Slothyshroom, I hope you don't mind me using your art, it's so cute and sparkly it just screams "make me shiny!". They come out super-blurry and bootleg-looking BUT THAT MAKES THEM SO MUCH MORE AWESOME. I wanted to make some for commissions but they're too cheap looking ^-^ Or maybe just cheap ones....IDK. Heh heh.
In good news! My job problem may be over...I've applied for a course in Aged Care! Yaaaaaay! It's only 8 weeks and there's almost defninitely a job at the end of it. It's not cheap, but it will be worth it. I'll have some security for he first time in 2 years, and it's something I'll always be able to fall back onto. Also I'll be helping people instead of won' sitting behind a desk hating myself. Unfortunately, this means....I won't be able to buy all the things! this year for poketime. :( so sad. I will get that mug though. WATCH ME. Ampharos mug all the way. Muuuuuug OMG. Also the 3DS stuff. It will be worth it holding off, though. JOB. And I'll be able to get most of it later, I'm sure.
I just don't know what to think. I will watch the hell out of it, but prefer my ponies.
Hello, my name is Rocket_Chick, and I am addicted to My Little Pony cards.
You guys,they are really cool. And only $2.50 a pop, so not too bad an addiction, yes? Mamath, I am so glad you liked your card! I figured Zecora would be right up your alley, so when I got a double, I figured it must have been FATE. The tattoos are also the best things ever. Tattoos! Of cutie marks! It's just too perfect. And some are shiny and just ghifhjlsdkh.
Guys. Really. Cards. Actually, I think I have a weakness for collectable cards. Every time I find some I like I go after them with gusto. I have problems.
Also, I really need a pony icon....
I feel I also owe apologies for not being more active, but the past few months have been a bit rough for me, so I guess I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like :/ Anyway! Tah-dah!
( Collapse )
I don't know if I want to do this.
I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know oh gosh is this really the right thing to be doing?
Week before last my coworker left the little sandwich shop-thing and I got pretty upset because I hate it and she was the only thing that made it bearable and I felt not just a little trapped there. So my parents suggest Passmores (i.e. the buisness college), we got a interview the next day and I confirmed my attendance the day after.
Now, don't get me wrong -the people there seem fantastic, and apparently I impressed the principal, and for the most part it seems like it will be...enjoyable, I guess? (I'll be doing the management/marketing/media/communication
I think I'd rather die than work in an office.
And for a depressive, that's...probably not a good thing? Hmmm. I feel as though I'm going from one nightmare (food service) to another (office work).
All I can think is use this to get either a job in journalism (since that is one of the thing covered in my course) or management in a charity organization of some sort. One way or another, I'm going to end up with a job, since they have a nearly 100% recruitment rate there, and follow the progress of their students once they leave. On top of that, if I do go through this the whole way (or even part-way) there's the small matter of the $14,000 it will be costing my parents. Guilt, much?
Dammit, I dunno. Don't. Know. I don't want to be stuck in some office job :/
My aunt told him about me taking him this morning and he was all "eeeeeeeeeee OMG which one is it yakakyakyak!" <3 It turns out it's a little bit further than I though (because one of the theaters has the same name as one of our locals) but I will still be able to take him! You guys, I'm so pleased ^-^ I need to buy a plush Keldeo to take...!